Soap.

Following the lithographs i did at the start of the year, i decided to scale up the work and tackle an A1 stone. I also learnt about a new litho process which involves taking a print using the grease in soap so i explored the use of the soap and the different marks it could make which i then cut into 35x35cm squares and then layered in a similar way to the first load.

Instead of focusing on a circular shape to cut out i focused on places of interest/interesting parts of the print, which i then layered carefully taking in a to account to make the print flow. I was hoping to create an almost ‘seamless’ image, where the cutouts out look natural in the print, to make a cohesive image and i think it worked. I enjoyed the process of using soap a lot as it was more immediate than the traditional methods of lithography. I didn’t like my colour use in these works, i thought i could have been a bit more select with it.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s